2020 Boston Sea Rover Show
The Sea Rovers will not be accepting applications for the 2021 Internship as the 2020 Internship was deferred a year due to the pandemic. Information on the process for the 2022 Internship will be posted in early 2021.
Immediately following graduation or the spring semester, the Sea Rovers Intern will work with members of the Boston Sea Rovers and associates located throughout the United States to experience a wide variety of jobs and career choices. Based in part on the personal interests of the scholar, the Internship will provide advanced dive training courses and ample opportunities to dive and train with a variety of dive professionals from a broad cross-section of diving environments. Opportunities will include hands-on work with professional underwater photographers and filmmakers, educational specialists, marine engineers and scientists, equipment manufacturer’s representatives, and dive shop owners.
In addition to the unique time spent with some of our most distinguished members, the Sea Rover Intern will be outfitted with dive equipment (provided by Sea Rover Clinic corporate sponsors) for their use throughout the summer and will receive the necessary financial support to ensure travel and living expenses.
A committee comprised of Sea Rovers members selects each year’s intern. To be considered for the Sea Rovers Internship candidates must:
- Be a certified diver from New England
- Have earned a minimum GPA of 3.4 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) and be on track to graduate from high school by June of the Internship year or attending college at the time of application
- Age requirements:
- Maximum age of 19 at the time of the application deadline
- Interns must be at least 18 years old by the beginning of their Internship
- Submit a complete scholarship application package that includes an essay on why the candidate wants to pursue a career in the underwater world and how this scholarship can help them achieve that goal.
- A copy of your most recent physical (within the last year) and the completed medical questionnaire/health history is the minimum requirement for the application package. Full compliance with the complete Sea Rovers’ medical requirements may be deferred until after initial selection as the Intern. Medical information is reviewed in compliance with current privacy laws.
- Electronic submission of your application and supporting documents is preferred.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application.
Required documents: (Follow the links to each form to download the files):
Want to know more about being an Intern? Check out our Interns’ Web Logs.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com